Monday, April 29, 2013

Confession time! The light is on it....

Confession time: This time reading Finding YOur Way in a Wild New World has not been effortless, as it was the first time.

At our last book club meeting, I had some more resonance with my inner knowing. I felt really connected with the words and their meanings. AND yet since stepping away from the meeting, I have been resisting the call from the book. In the last couple of days I have been observing what happens to me when I consider picking up the book. What it is that I say to myself..

What I have found, is it isn't the book I am resisting, but what I KNOW the book calls on me to do. It calls on me TO DO..not just read and say "oh well, isn't that interesting"...it actually calls on me TO DO! It is a call to ACTION (deep breath)...what I noticed when I became aware of this, is this. In ACTION there is risk of 'getting it wrong' or 'failing'. Risk of having to make a new story. To let go of old limiting beliefs.

This awareness matches the insight I received on the weekend when I went along with Jay to have a play with Life Coach Sue Lamond, who uses the intuition of horses to bring deeper awareness to our limiting behaviour. What came to the surface for me, and reiterated with my resistance to the book title is this.

*Raises hand* My name is Jen Lean and I have a fear of getting it wrong! I am afraid if I get it wrong I fail and thus lose credibility. I know...some will read this and go 'well duh'..that is a no brainer..an easy limiting belief to zero in on...well, timing for me is everything!!

So, the light is now on it. I trust myself now to deal with this...and as a result, I am super keen to pick up the book again and get into ACTION! Because this is what my inner knowing feels to be true.."If I try, I make mistakes. If I learn from my mistakes it is 'tuition' (thank you Dr Phil). ACTION implies you are willing to fall over, mess up and down right fail! Getting in the arena is scary. I must be willing to be judged harshly. Willing to get it wrong. Willing to play. Willing to lose people in my life. Willing to GAIN so much! It is just being down right willing...not attaching to the outcome, but just having a crack!

So my dears, this is my truth with this book title...and now I have come clean I am ready to get back in the game! Breath in, breath out...ACTION!

Speak kindly to yourself
Mwah
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment