Friday, July 19, 2013

Boo Hoo Poo. Brene Brown, I was looking forward to seeing you!



Yesterday I discovered a really YUK piece of information! A piece of information that given, is a first world issue and many would say "boo hoo you", BUT to me it was a gut puncher!

As soon as I received confirmation that THE Brene Brown was coming to Austraila (by a personal tweet no less), I was going. I knew she would likely go to Sydney, so was all set to head down. Organise kids (check), organise flights (check), re-read Gifts of Imperfection and commence Daring Greatly (check) and most importantly..organise event tickets (check...or so I thought).

The "boo hoo poo" news is that when my friend who I am travelling down with reported she had received her ticket, I went to check on the status of my ticket! At this point, you know how it goes right?

*Sad face* It seems, or not even seems, it IS actual that my transaction was declined...my error! No one to blame! Just wasn't paying attention! No fear...buy another! Good idea, except the event is SOLD OUT! *heavy sigh*

So yesterday I sat in the poo and wallowed in it, marinating in the icky truth that I may not get to do the ONE THING I wanted to do when Brene came to town..see her in person, listen to her in person!

I know enough about how the universe works that I am not going to sit on my hands. I am waiting for a miracle. I have set the intention, I have emailed the appropriate people, I have tried contacting Brene myself, to which I have had a question back, I am doing the Daring Greatly Daily Challenge AND I AM STILL GOING TO SYDNEY (flights booked and non-refundable)....I just know there is going to be a spot for me. I plan to wear a sign saying "I am Daring Greatly and am asking for a ticket...I will pay".

Whatever the outcome, this is what I know to be true.

When I took my book into gym class today, a gym class I have been afraid of stepping into for the last 7 months because I felt that shammy feeling attached to exercising in public especially when I felt unfit and out of shape (pg 36 of Daring Greatly normalised this for me), I felt like I wasn't alone. Well, I wouldn't be alone. My friend was going to meet me there so I would be fine. I could take a picture of the book and we could giggle together! Ah yes...good idea except my friend SLEPT IN and wasn't coming! *gasp*.

Through the class I wondered how I would set up the book to take a picture. I know, great work being present huh? Although, it did help with the distraction when my legs were jelly-fied under me! A gorgeous pair of training shoes caught my eye, similar colours as the front cover of my copy of Daring Greatly! Thats it, I will ask her is I can take a pic of her shoes with my book!

After class, I approached this lady at the front of the gym class and asked if she wouldn't mind getting her shoes photographed with my book. "Ok" she said hesitantly. Not every day I am sure you get a request like that! However, she obliged and I got this great picture. After she asked if it was my book, to which I said "yes it is my copy of the book, but I didn't write it. Brene Brown did, have you heard of her? It was great, we had a chat about the content of the book and she was keen to check it out! So nice to connect over such quality content!

So, I am still going to Sydney. I am still going to wear a sign around my neck and I am still going to Dare Greatly! Thanks Brene!

Speak kindly to yourselves
Jen
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment