Wednesday, April 10, 2013

On Being a Spiritual Snob

In todays Q & A Tuesday, Marie Forleo hits on what happens when we start to make conscious changes for our lives. I SO SO SO could relate to this! Check it out below...

http://www.marieforleo.com/2011/05/people-holding/

It isn't unlike anything we love to do. For the runners among us (ahem..not I said the fly), you can't believe that people don't like to run. "Like, come on people...it's amazingly awesome to run 20kms in 2hrs"! Yes it is FOR YOU...for me, it will take me 15 minutes to drive it. We like different things! Or the wine drinker who can't believe someone may like a young shiraz with grapes grown in the desert (ok extreme example for the wine drinkers). I like what I like, and am not too interested in the back story..other than maybe if it is organic or not. Or the personal development junkie (*hand raised*) who can't understand how people don't want to improve their lives with self awareness (*hand raised again*).

I SO GET how at times I can come off as ultra aggressive and over bearing with my passion and beliefs and I am certainly learning to keep in my own business. I don't however make apologies for who I am, in all it's growth. AND neither should you! BUT all of us would benefit doing it with love and without the finger pointing (*finger at me*)...no defensiveness just acceptance that there are different strokes for different folks!

So, if we feel defensive of the way that we live, then it is possible we may not be clear and comfortable with how we feel about our choices. What was the movie with the line "I choose my choice"? Well, thats what we need to get cool with..to be ok with choosing our own choices and letting others choose theirs. Marie also talks about leading by example. THE BEST WAY ALWAYS is to lead people by going where you expect them to go! BIG BLESSON here for me.

In the next blog, we can explore when other people's choices impact on our choices...mmmmm, that will be tasty!

Feel free to let me know your experiences.
Oh, and if anything resonates with you...please share around and follow along with me.

Speak kindly to yourself
Mwah!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment