Sunday, March 10, 2013

In the beginning....

I am beginning to trust that when my body is 'unwell' it is an opportunity to really slow down and have a listen to what it is really saying. What messages it may have for me.

Over the past few days, I have been physically unwell...but I don't believe that the physical, emotional, psychological and social selves are separate. With this, I have come to see that it is more my beliefs and thinking that have been unwell.

Recently, I moved through some blocks that had previously been comfortable for me to sit behind. Although they seemed 'minor', the impact has been great. Massive even. Because I have been sitting in the safety of these seemingly insurmountable challenges, when they are no longer there...well, it has been brilliantly enlightening and freakishly scary...the swirl of the two sends out some dizzying colours and has blinded me for a wee bit!

Today, I get it. I once again had returned to my 'head space'. I hadn't been listening to my heart. In this state of 'sickness' I am the healthiest I have been in a while. Even in my sick bed, I had my mind humming away. Buzzing with all matter of concepts. I laid in bed building websites, searching colours for our walls, returning emails to support others, I was dreaming and scheming and making up a bunch of stories of how tings would go, how things would be....urgh, I'm tired just typing that truth! Come on! I mean really! You what?

I said at the beginning of the year I was going to 'simplify' and 'walk my talk'...well, after a noble start, I fire cracked back into complicating and pretending. Today, I declare that I am returning to the simple again. And the simple for me is to have 3 solid rituals I perform each day to add to the value of this life experience and commit 100%. I think it may have been Jack Canfield who said "If you commit to anything 100% it is easy...if you commit to it 99% it will be a struggle"...

1. Meditate daily.
2. Keep track of my gratitude daily
3. Have a green juice daily.

Time to return to simple. All the best things are.

Love you first
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment