Sunday, March 24, 2013

Have You Ever Been "Plug-holing?"

I'm sorry what? Plug-holing? Is there even such a thing?? In my world there is, and I'll share my experience with plug holing.

Imagine a massive container full of old smelly, stinky, stale water with a plug in the bottom. Imagine you reach down and pull out the plug. What happens when you pull the plug out? The water drains away right? Now, depending on the size of the container and how much water is in it, it could take a while. What if you have a bunch of wash cloths in that container? They make their way to the plug hole and the water slows down right?...may even stop for a while. What if there is a bunch of other stuff that is in the way of it flowing freely? Well, even if this were the case the water would still move...unless you put the plug back in!

What if the bath represented all our negative beliefs and behaviours that no longer serve us? Stinky, smelly, un-nourishing stuff. What if pulling the plug is a conversation, a course, a teaching, an experience? An act of committing to move this stinky stuff. What if those 'things' that block its removal are FEARS my friends? Fears of: rejection, failure, hurt, judgement, change, success, being 'seen', being wrong, making mistakes, losing control...(insert your own fears here).

What if some other those 'things' in the way are lack of ownership and BLAME and excuses. Blaming it on our parents "if they didn't or did xy and z I wouldn't be in this situation", "if I didn't have a putz of a partner", "if I didn't have kids", "if I just got a break", "if I didn't lose my job" (insert your own excuse here).

I have felt these 'things' A LOT. I have seen others do the same A LOT. I get it, I seriously do...but TRUTH is, they are all made up 'things' that WE create to keep us with the stale, stinky, smelly stuff inside! It is us..not them!

I have moved A LOT of the stinky stuff over the last few years...yes years! Sometimes the water was moving fast, sometimes it was blocked...but I know it was always moving..always clearing even when it wasn't moving as fast as I would have like. Once the clearing is gone, the vessel becomes a free flowing container that no longer has the capacity to store old stuff. The plug hole has changed shape and can no longer fit a plug in it. It has expanded and transformed through its experience. Occasionally the plug hole gets obstructed..but not for long. The container has free flowing, gorgeous, fresh water flowing through it, provided by Mother Earth/spirit/universe/God/creator.

I am simply a vessel. I continue to remove obstructions to the free flow of this magical gift, a gift that has the propensity to give life to those who seek it!

Have you ever been plug holing??

Wanna have a go????

No comments:

Post a Comment